Tuesday, January 02, 2007

 

Peel Sessions 35

First up I would like to wish each and everyone of you a happy new year, I guess what is really important is your good health and your mutual respect for your fellow beings.
I think the next couple of days are going to be hard going for me, as everyone else is still on holiday in my household, I do hate being the only one that gets up for work! I didn't ski as there was a noticeable lack of the white stuff, only about a third of the slopes were open, though this did not deter the boys who spent their time speeding down to the station on their boards. Never mind for me there should be enough snow during the February break for me to show off my style.
Don't worry I have not forgotten that this is a music blog, and despite today not being Monday, it is the first post of the year and so I thought why not something a little bit special today. I know that I am far from being the only one to appreciate Bill Bragg's voice and guitar, and one of his fans was also John Peel. It was therefore only natural that Billy was present at the gig held to celebrate 40 years of broadcasting by Peel, this event took place at Kings College Students Union in the centre of London on November 24, 2001, and was dully aired a few days later on the radio. Five songs representative of his career played as Billy does best accompanied only by his distinctive voice and unique style of guitar playing, and an introduction from John Peel for your listening pleasure.

1. Introduction
2. 'A Lover Sings'
3. 'Milkman Of Human Kindness'
4. 'St Monday'
5. 'She Came Along'
6. 'Everywhere'

Sorry about the editing as this was how I discovered this on the web some years back, still the music is well worth it.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?