Friday, June 23, 2006

 

Something For The Week End


Last night Gomez played Washington DC's 9:30 club as part of the tour in support of their latest album 'How We Operate' thanks to the band and their management NPR are now offering the concert as a hefty 95mb download which you can get here, best to use a reasonable download manager just case you loose your connection, with my 56k dial up it's gonna take me hours. Anyway get it while its there, I for one can vouch for them being a stella live act as I had the pleasure of seeing them around the period of their debut album. NPR (National Public Radio?) also have an excellent live set from Scotlands best quite/loud instrumental combo Mogwai recorded at the same venue during May this year available here. Enjoy yourselves with these artist blessed good quality legal downloads. And I think it's nice to see American public money going on something more interesting than military expenditure.


I have previously found reason to post a Happy Monday's song as I have with Kirsty McColl so what better way to celebrate the week end than with 'Hallelujah (McColl mix)', so called because it was Kirsty that provided the throaty vocals on what is my favorite version of this song.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?